KENTUCKY BOY COMES HOME

KENTUCKY BOY COMES HOME
Visiting my host Tom Brown at his "Creekhouse" above Lexington.

Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Late Night In Culver City

Working behind the facade of the building that looks like 12 Oaks from Gone With The Wind is just a trip. A trip down a Hollywood history lane just blocks from where they created all those big MGM musicals. From the railing outside my new temporary edit bay/office I can see what was MGM Studios. It is now the Sony lot. I am working on a new gameshow called
1 VS. 100. Tonight I had to work late as Wexler our supplier of Editing Systems was about 5 hours late. Fun Times!

It is all quiet up here on the backside of Soundstage 4. They shoot the series VEGAS right below us, the editors work right down the covered walkway. I am hoping to see a ghost.

Friday night in POST HEAVEN

They are putting the final touches on this show. It is like birthing the baby, everybody has a say in what they think the baby will be like but we all really have no illusions to who really does the work. The mother and midwife on this one is our editors and the post staff. (Me!) It is at times like these (8:15pm on a Friday night) that I ask myself this one question....what the hell am I still doing this for?

Maybe the Universe will reveal that to me later. For now I know that I get up early tomorrow and go to my meeting, then off to Yoga Class at 10:15AM and then I will see a movie with my good friends Glenda and Larry on Saturday afternoon. There is a social event to attend later and then up early on Sunday to go to several meetings in Malibu. I have decided to expand my horizons as far as my sobriety is concerned.

More later.

Gerry

No comments: